Cecelia doesn’t like political, religious, or personal matters. They make her cry, don't make Cecelia cry. She also doesn’t like it when people badger staff for mod posts or to check apps (please use the tagbox under Links & Tags). She requests that people do not advertise or be hostile in the chat as well. If there is an issue, please contact staff privately. Let’s keep Cecelia happy and have a fun time! [Link to Cecelia]

This is the plotter box. He's currently without a name because his parents are rather lame. As one can imagine, one can plot in the plotter box, but RPing and other OOC dialogue are strictly forbidden. Please keep it fun for everyone.

SAVE YOUR GOODBYES

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

So Long Sentiment - Lavi's Plotter
Posted:Mar 28 2017, 01:33 AM

NyxMorrison
coded by jaronart
conservative
melancholy
introverted
clever
kind
pessimistic
nosy
patient
depressed
mute
lonely
played by: Lavi
BIOGRAPHY
Nyx Morrison is a 21 year old mute that owns her own cafe: Erebus Rhapsody. It's a small place but is never too crowded. The drinks and food are good, all made and served by Nyx as she is currently the only one who works the cafe. Inside is quiet, music softly playing, the lighting dim but just bright enough that one could comfortably read a book from one of the many that shelves that lined the walls. Most came for the setting or sustenance. Some come to get their fortune told via palm reading or divinity. A less savory crowd come for the information that Nyx would sell.

The quiet, peaceful, and generally pleasant Nyx Morrison is a mutant capable of reading minds, foretelling the future, and can see the dead. Reading peoples fortunes or predicting their future was a simple parlor trick to make a little extra money, and could easily be brushed off as nothing more than a parlor trick. Reading peoples minds, especially bad or dangerous people, and selling what she had learned is something harder to brush off.

On the outside she seems like a regular human, minus the muteness. She's always friendly but keeps a firm distance between herself and others. Her smiles are always small, and her eyes somewhat melancholy. Her mutation for the most part can easily be hidden or lied about, but its side effects are not so easily hidden. Beneath the mask of peaceful waitress, even beneath the mutant informant, is a repressed side of Nyx that few see. Depressed, lonely, a sadness that her melancholy eyes and smiles could only hint at. Drugs, prescriptions and over the counter help curb her pain. The slim scar upon her neck, the pill bottles that are just barely hidden, and her own forlorn visage are just glimpses into a much darker battle Nyx faces.
Relationships
Friends: Nyx doesn't have many if any close enough to call friends. Bullies in the past have scared her away from the idea of friendship. It's not to say that Nyx isn't friendly or as sociable as a mute can possibly be: she's always pleasant towards others. There's just always a distinct impression that Nyx is keeping her distance though her heart yearns to have friends. It takes a long time to earn her trust, and an even longer time to break the protective distant barrier she has built around herself.

Enemies:It's pretty hard to get on Nyx's bad side, unless you are truly a despicable person. Considering her passive nature, Nyx isn't the type to go picking fights with others. Though it wouldn't be impossible for someone else to have a grudge against her. Being an unregistered mutant (a secret one at that) is cause enough to get her arrested. Selling certain bits of information ascertained through peoples thoughts to the right buyer? Well, that could make Nyx some dangerous allies or enemies (if they knew it was her who sold the information).

Lovers:Nyx is a secret romantic though the books on the bookshelf of her shop don't do a good job of hiding that. Though she had resigned herself to a life of loneliness, her heart aches for the idea of love even if it's for a fleeting moment. Twenty-one and never been kissed... Though it's hard to become Nyx's friend, it might not be so hard to become her lover (albiet a temporary one, to become a long-term lover is an exceedingly difficult process). All one needs to make Nyx cave is persistence and good reason, a bit of alcohol wouldn't hurt either.
Wants
A little bit of everything would do a bit of good or bad for Nyx. Current thread ideas/wants for Nyx:

-Someone else comes to work for her in her shop
-Beach day?
-Any non-civilian interactions
-Music playing with Nyx, ideally classical music. -Nyx goes out clubbing with someone? Or encounters a new friend at said club?

Potential threads in the future for those close to her:

-A close someone stumbles upon Nyx going through withdrawls
-Someone takes away her medication, or finds out Nyx isn't as okay as she seems
-One night-stand?

Seras Volkov

Personality

Seras is the elusive and mysterious head of the Volkov mafia. Few would be able to recognize her on sight but there is no denying she carries an air of authority with her. If one looked past the hip-hopesque clothes, and the rough around the edges personality, Seras is very intelligent and calculating. Though she flawlessly manages to seem like anything but intelligent or calculating. Expect a loud mouthed, vulgar, sometimes violent, and even a little perverted 34 year old woman.

Relationships

Associates: Running a mafia is tough work. Seras is always in need of information gatherers, or even people to work the brothels, or snag her some bodies to sell on the market.

Enemies: As a Mafia Head it's easier to make enemies than it is to make friends.

Wants

-Shady business deals
-Nightclubbing/brotheling
-Run in's with the law/military
-Girls day out
Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi
Posted:Mar 28 2017, 10:49 AM

Hey, I read the part in your bio about fortune-telling and I think Nyx would be a great in an overarching plot I'm working on for Kit. She'd probably trust the advice of someone who had pseudo-shamanistic beliefs over most civilians, but she'll probably hate the fact that Nyx is human. Nyx would probably be a good "first stop" for Kit once she gets into the city.
Posted:Mar 28 2017, 01:51 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeey Lavi,

As discussed in cbox, we can thread le Phantom and le Nyx (with the Bul included for a trio thread), or alternatively could try another character match up. Caterina, my loanshark, is fond of coffee and could visit Nyx for particular information relating to a particular person she is having particular issues with.
Administrator
raichu
admin
terlim
Posted:Mar 28 2017, 02:05 PM
Stardust that sounds lovely! I really like Iike the plot idea, and Nyx might not be able to help find her mom (or maybe she could with some convincing) but she could at least point Kit in the right direction or assure her that her mom is alive, and in the future they will reunite! Just let me know what you'd like to do, either you start a thread or me or whatever?
Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi
Posted:Mar 28 2017, 02:15 PM
terlim Yes! Yes! I'd love to meet phantom and bulwark! If I recall there was talk of maybe striking a deal for her shop to be a safe-haven of sorts? That would certainly be an interesting thread! Caterina also seems lovely and I'd love to have them meet at some point too! Just let me know what thread you would like first and if you'd like me to start it!
Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi
Posted:Mar 28 2017, 04:41 PM
Checked in with Ergo and she'd like to finish an existing thread first, so how about we go with Caterina Serratore and Nyxy? If you're able to start, that would be brilliant! And might be a good idea, tbh, given that you'll need to describe the cafe for me either way.
Administrator
raichu
admin
terlim
Posted:May 13 2017, 02:59 PM
Hey Lavi!

I read through Nyx's profile, and even outside ESP, I think our chars could have a fun thread! If you want one, then I'm down for w/e.

It probably won't be as easy with Mr. Gunther Koenig, the detached soldier who studies the paranatural in his off-hand time. Having only heard about individuals with Nyx's range of powers - psychic Pokemon aside - actually meeting one could be enlightening. Then there's potential conflict if he decides to stick around a, "safe zone"...and so forth. Could go anywhere, although likely not a good place.

If there's a business matter - perhaps a merger, or a party studying competition (idk) - I could foresee a tense thread with Maxine Clermont.

If she writes any, she could stumble upon Chris (second entry, McNamara Road Janitors) and maybe write an anonymous, collaborative work. Could be a fun, brief thread.

Lavi
Inactive
Inevitable
Dead
ytterbianite
Posted:May 13 2017, 08:04 PM
Ytter

Oh my! I'm always down for threads! I like the idea of any of these really, though I'm a bit of a dummy so I'm having a hard time piecing together some of the finer details!

For Gunther it definitely sounds interesting, though what do you mean by sticking around a safe zone? Also I live for tossing Nyx into potentially bad places!

For Maxine- A party studying competition? (Is this like a study party to see who can study the best/fastest?) If so I'm not quite sure as to how or why Nyx would be there (she does not attend school) unless said competition was being hosted at her cafe?

This one by far sounds the most interesting! I have been meaning to play with the idea of Nyx starting to write novels and such on her own, but really just needing a push to get into it. Perhaps they could both meet at some gathering for writers and end up working on a fun little project there together?

Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi
Posted:May 13 2017, 11:53 PM
I forgot a lot of information. >.>

The bit on "safe zones" probably can be avoided. I remembered in Cbox the possibility of the cafe possibly becoming a "safe zone" for particular individuals, but there's a chance I'm just misaligning things. I'll defer to Polaris (THE BULWARK and phantom by extension) on that particular plot point.

Probably forgot to mention that Maxine works at a cafe as well, and she may be sent out in case her cafe's customers are diverted.

As far as Syl goes, I'm definitely down for the meetup. At the same time, the reason I mentioned an anonymous meeting is because he doesn't usually reveal his writing habit to anyone in person - even his editors and publishers speak over the phone. Being said, it's still definitely possible for the two to (eventually) discover eachother. Maybe they meet up on a Pokemon RP board or something
Inactive
Inevitable
Dead
ytterbianite
Posted:May 14 2017, 12:40 AM
Ytter

It's all good, I'm the type of person that needs things to be over-explained! XD

Yes, yes now I recall! Alas I'd like to wait on that particular thread then as Nyx hasn't really officially allowed Polaris to use her cafe as a safe-space for them!

However, right now Syl sounds the most interesting! XD Though how we would work out (and rp out) an anonymous meeting would be the biggest struggle! If you'd like to I'd like to try and explore some sort of thread ideas with these two! ^o^
Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi
Posted:May 14 2017, 10:03 PM
Alright - good to know!

Such is the challenge with anonymity. A thread over the internet would probably be the way to go, as Syl could maintain a degree of anonymity. If he had a little more flair, maybe he'd end up at a social - but as he is he'd probably go hiding under a mop or something. Where he's then noticed and probably heavily questioned.

Alternatively, Nyx coudld theoretically "stumble upon" the Unown's thought process, be it curiously looking over a text/draft, or how he actually visualizes certain things (something of an internal monologue). That could make Syl's life of secrecy pretty complicated.
Inactive
Inevitable
Dead
ytterbianite
Posted:May 14 2017, 10:11 PM
XD Ya know what, just to make things simple and because of my weird sense of humor I think doing a thread with them over the internet would certainly be interesting. (Only because I find it hilarious that I am going to be using the internet to write with someone else only we're writing as two people who are also writing on the internet if ya can keep up with that thought process) anywho! If you'd like I would certainly be down to do a thread where they meet/write together online : ) Would you care to start it off though? Ytter
Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi
Posted:May 14 2017, 10:23 PM
Internet-ception.

I'll go ahead, then! I'll warn that the formatting's going to be rather basic - I'm working on a tablet atm - but it should have all the basics, at least!
Inactive
Inevitable
Dead
ytterbianite
Posted:May 21 2017, 02:40 AM
I throwwww...

Chewy Chubaca CIRO SERRATORE at you. He's one of the sons to the current Serratore mafia head, but has been living with a forest tribe for nearly two decades. He's a bit laid back and sometimes on the silly side, but he's also pretty timid/turbulent in nature (but he tries not to show that). He's also likely a status buff/debuff mutant and controls his mutation through flute playing.

If you want bodies, you could have it so Seras Volkov's henchmen rounded up able-bodied and good-looking tribal members to use as profit for the black market, their brothels, etc. Wouldn't have to RP that out seeing as I doubt she'd do the rounding up herself. Could also give her a connection/meeting with the Serratores if she holds Ciro for "ransom" or something? He is one of their family members, after all. ; )

I'll honestly try just about any plot. The only plot that I'd be iffy about that's applicable for the Volkov's is having Ciro becoming a brothel worker, even if only temporary. Never done it before, but it seems like it could potentially lead to a very self-victimising mood, yaddayadda. If that's something that piques your interest, I wouldn't mind trying it out nevertheless, tho, and could probably avoid that victimising atmosphere? Otherwise, he could temporarily work for her as a guard or something (whatever else she could use him for), or she could ship him off immediately as aforementioned.

If you're not actually up for that idea, lemme know and we can come up with something else. (:

Not sure about Ciro/Nyx. Do you have any ideas for either possibilities?
Posted:May 23 2017, 01:13 PM
CIRO SERRATORE

You are right Seras would not be out there gathering the bodies herself (she's too busy for that and would not want her hands to get dirty)! Though I do like the idea of her basically getting a hold of Ciro.

I wouldn't want to kidnap him and force him into the brothels either. I feel like we could do way better plot than that (and I want to save that for someone else). Ransom and body guard work would be interesting! Perhaps he gets taken in by the Volkovs and recognized as someone of the Serratore blood? Naturally, being somewhat important his butt gets dragged over to Seras. Who in turn is like:

"Ay you a Serratore or what?" Regardless of answer she'd basically be like, "So we're gonna hold you for ransom whether or not you actually are a Serratore. In the mean time we'll treat ya nicely B ) Ya act up and we'll act up too? Kapeesh?" and maybe somehow it turns into the potential "bodyguard" thing. Though we'd have to see how the actual thread plays out.
Civilian
Mutant
Cafè owner
Lavi

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliations
dothack//Infinity Perish Song - join ussss Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene The Almanac Effect UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED
The "MMXVII" skin was designed and coded by ERGO & Terlim for SAVE YOUR GOODBYES use only. Mini-profiles and custom threads were coded by DOLLAR. Custom Forum Structure belongs to BLACK'S CODES.
All artwork, other coding, and role-play content belong to their respected creators.